Industrial Sewing Operator Seamstress
Enhance A Colour is looking for a full time industrial sewing operator or seamstress. We are looking for someone who has at least 2 years experience working in an industrial or corporate. Experience in doing awnings, boat covers, sails, tradeshows, or back drops is a plus.
We offer a 40 hour work week with overtime. We do ask that the person is willing to work the overtime. Production is based out of Danbury CT. We come in between 7-9am and end between 4-5pm.
We produce custom banners, backdrops, fitted fabric displays within a fast pace production schedule but in a friendly environment.
Joins, reinforces, or decorates materials by operating a sewing machine.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting materials.
* Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
* Inspects printed fabrics by searching for blemishes, droplets or wrong size
* Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
* Adjusts machine performance on material by observing machine operation; detecting malfunctions; adjusting settings.
* Maintains quality by inspecting finished product.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains materials and supplies inventory by checking materials and supplies to determine inventory level; anticipating needed materials and supplies; placing and expediting orders for materials and supplies; verifying receipt of materials and supplies.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Finish the fabric goods as directed on the ticket with finishing of hems, webbing reinforcement, grommets or fitting the fabric into slip covers to fit over the frames fabricated in our metal department.
* Packing out the visuals and taking them to the shipping department
* Working with fabric pressmen with taking printed fabrics off the roll, cutting them to the shape and taking to the sewing tables
Manufacturing Quality, Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Decision Making, Tooling, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Judgment, Job Knowledge
Hourly $18.00 to $24.00
2 Years experience with industrial sewing
Fairfield, Danbury, CT
How to apply?
If interested with this position, please call o send resume to:
Parte del mensaje está oculto para usuarios no registrados. Por favor inicie sesión o regístrese para poder verlo.