- Republica Dominicana
- Publicaciones 2014
- Vacante Special Consular Services Assistant
Vacante Special Consular Services Assistant
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Serves as the primary point of public contact for the U.S. Consular Agency in Punta Cana.
Receives applications for U.S. Passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), and
triages special consular services cases. Serves as cashier for all monies turned in at Punta
Cana and forwards these funds to Embassy Santo Domingo.
Por favor, inicie sesión o regístrese para verlo.
Human Resource Office
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 14-12
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Special Consular Services Assistant, FSN-7, FP-7
OPENING DATE: February 28, 2014
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full time – 40 hours per week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): RD$455,966 p.a. (starting salary)
** (USEFM) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$40,394 p.a. (starting salary)
** (MOH) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$34,667 (starting salary)
**(This pay is only for Eligible Family Members (USEFM) and Member of
Household (MOH) who are eligible for employment under the American USG
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION COPY OF BOTH SIDES
OF THE DOMINICAN CEDULA.
The U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo is seeking an individual for the position of Special
Consular Services Assistant in the Consular Agency in Punta Cana.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in
the Human Resources Office.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of secondary school is required.
2. One year of progressively responsible experience in work involving public contact,
application of regulations and computer and clerical skills. Basic experience handling financial
transactions or cashiering are required.
3. English level IV (fluent) (speaking/reading/writing; Spanish level IV (fluent) (speaking
reading/writing) are required.
The Office of Human Resources will contact for testing purposes ONLY those applicants
that meet all other requirements.
4. General knowledge of office procedures, customer service, principles of cashiering and
work processing skills are required.
5. Ability to apply regulations and follow procedures correctly are required.
6. Exercise of tact and good judgment in dealing with the public, often under
difficult/sensitive circumstances is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA THAT MAY AFFECT THE FINAL HIRING DECISION
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: NEPOTISM, BUDGET, CONTINUITY IN THE
POSITION, STAFFING GAPS, AND/OR THE NEED FOR THE APPLICANT TO HAVE A
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are
given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in
determining successful candidacy.
1. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
2. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not
eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to
apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless
currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold an unclassified security clearance.
How to apply?
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae in English that provides the same information
found on the UAE (see Appendix B ); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the
applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans
preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional
preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit application in english to Office of Human Resources by using the following email address:
Contenido oculto para usuarios invitados. Por favor, inicie su sesión para poder verlo.