Motor Pool Dispatcher
Human Resource Office
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 13/15
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Motor Pool Dispatcher, FSN-7/FP-7
OPENING DATE: April 5, 2013
CLOSING DATE: April 22, 2103
WORK HOURS: Full time, 44 hours per week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): RD$501,563 p.a. (starting salary)
** (USEFM) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$39,994 p.a. (starting salary)
** (MOH) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$34,324 (starting salary)
**(This pay is only for Eligible Family Members (USEFM) and Member of
Household (MOH) who are eligible for employment under the American USG
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK, DOMINICAN CEDULA AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE
ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo is seeking an individual for the position of Motor Pool
Dispatcher in the Motor Pool Unit of the General Services Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent manages the daily use of vehicles in the Motor Pool and assigns chauffeurs to
meet transportation requirements efficiently. Acts as Motor Pool supervisor in the absence of
the supervisor. Performs as chauffeur for Embassy employees, TDY visitors, and VIPs in
various types of vehicles including armored vehicles, as needed.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Two years of post-secondary studies in any discipline is required.
2. One year of experience as a dispatcher or at least two years of experience in administrative
or clerical work are required.
3. English level III (good working knowledge) (speaking/reading/writing), Spanish level IV
(fluent) (speaking/reading/writing) are required.2
The Office of Human Resources will contact for testing purposes ONLY those applicants
that meet all other requirements).
4. Must have knowledge of record keeping and basic accounting, scheduling of vehicles for
use, supervision and management and computer use. Must have professional driving skills and
good knowledge of local driving regulations, border crossings and local and regional
5. Valid category 2 Dominican driver’s license is required.
6. Must have the ability to multitask and work under pressure. Must be able to work with
customers at all levels and be capable of explaining rules and regulations clearly. Must be able
to use online systems such as those used for request processing, procurement, and travel
planning. The ability to operate communications radios is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA THAT MAY AFFECT THE FINAL HIRING DECISION
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: NEPOTISM, BUDGET, CONTINUITY IN THE
POSITION, STAFFING GAPS, AND/OR THE NEED FOR THE APPLICANT TO HAVE A
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are
given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in
determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not
eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to
apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless
currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold an unclassified security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family
Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on
the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the
applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans
preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional
preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Sofia Dominguez
POINT OF CONTACT
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 22, 2103
The U.S. Mission in Santo Domingo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment
in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also
strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing
diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied
equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such
complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for
prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Por favor, inicie sesión o regístrese para verlo.