- Republica Dominicana
- Publicaciones 2013
- Embajada de Estados Unidos requiere Local Guard Force Administrative Assistant
Embajada de Estados Unidos requiere Local Guard Force Administrative Assistant
Human Resource Office
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 13/23
OPEN TO: All Agencies All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Local Guard Force Administrative Assistant, FSN-7/FP-7
OPENING DATE: May 17, 2013
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): RD$455,966 p.a. (starting salary)
** (USEFM) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$ 39,994 p.a. (starting salary)
** (MOH) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$ 34,324 p.a. (starting salary)
**(This pay is only for Eligible Family Members (USEFM) and Member of
Household (MOH) who are eligible for employment under the American USG
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR
CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION COPY OF BOTH SIDES
OF THE DOMINICAN CEDULA.
The U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo is seeking an individual for the position of Local Guard
Force Administrative Assistant in the Regional Security Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for the office management of the 250 members of the Local
Guard Force. Plans, establishes, and maintains a system for unclassified records. Determines
need for new files, revised space requirements, modification of procedure, new equipment, and
other administrative needs. Conducts inspection or inventory of all record stations to assure that
records are maintained in accordance with the prescribed system and that duplicate files are
avoided. Establishes procedures for the destruction of records material and for storage,
retirement, or archiving of documents. Responsible for ordering and maintaining physical
inventory of all equipment.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in
the Human Resources Office. Contact Sofia Dominguez (809-731-4288).
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Two years of post-secondary education is required.2
2. A minimum of two years of administrative or managerial experience and a minimum of one
year of customer service experience is required.
3. Spanish level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required. English Level III (Working
Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
The Office of Human Resources will contact for testing purposes ONLY those applicants
that meet all other requirements.
4. Intermediate knowledge of computers (Microsoft) is required.
5. Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in other organizations in
order to coordinate program matters. Some tact and diplomacy are involved in explaining
records management requirements, conducting inspections and inventory, and in resolving
associated problems is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA THAT MAY AFFECT THE FINAL HIRING DECISION
INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: NEPOTISM, BUDGET, CONTINUITY IN THE
POSITION, STAFFING GAPS, AND/OR THE NEED FOR THE APPLICANT TO HAVE A
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are
given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in
determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not
eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to
apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless
currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold an unclassified security clearance.3
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family
Member Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family
Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on
the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the
applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans
preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional
preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Sofia Dominguez
POINT OF CONTACT
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: June 3, 2013
The U.S. Mission in Santo Domingo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment
in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also
strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing
diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied
equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such
complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for
prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Por favor, inicie sesión o regístrese para verlo.