- Republica Dominicana
- Publicaciones 2013
- Vancante disponible como Residential Security Coordinator en la Embajada de los Estados Unidos
Vancante disponible como Residential Security Coordinator en la Embajada de los Estados Unidos
Human Resource Office
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 12/81
OPEN TO: All Interested Applicants – All Sources
POSITION: Residential Security Coordinator, FSN-7/FP-7
OPENING DATE: May 24, 2013
CLOSING DATE: June 7, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full time (40 hours per week)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): RD$455,966 p.a. (starting salary)
** (USEFM) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$39,994 p.a. (starting salary)
** (MOH) Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$34,324 (starting salary)
**(This pay is only for Eligible Family Members (USEFM) and Member of
Household (MOH) who are eligible for employment under the American
USG pay plan)
The U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo is seeking an individual for the position of Residential
Security Coordinator in the Regional Security Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent manages Post’s residential security program. Is responsible for ensuring that all
USG residences conform to Diplomatic Security’s residential security standards. Approves or
denies housing units based on such factors as house/apartment location, neighborhood crime
rates and the level of security upgrades necessary to secure the residence. Conducts a
comprehensive survey for each USG residence before it is approved for occupancy. Produces
a written report detailing all security deficiencies and the security upgrades necessary to bring
the residence into compliance with security standards. Each written survey will include an
assessment of all protective grill work covering windows, the durability of perimeter doors, the
quality of protective locking devices, height of perimeter walls/fences, security lighting and alarm
systems. Requests GSO and Facility Maintenance to coordinate and schedule security
upgrades on multiple residences. Conducts quality control inspections of security upgrades and
has the authority to accept or reject work performed by contractors.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in
the Human Resources Office. Contact: Sofia Dominguez – 809-731-4288.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. One to two years of related work experience is required.2
3. English level III (good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing. Spanish level III
(good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing are required.
The Office of Human Resources will contact for testing purposes ONLY those applicants
that meet all other requirements)
4. Working knowledge of construction and security are required.
5. Ability to observe the constructed state of a house and determined the needed security
equipment with relation to the house and its surroundings is required. Valid Dominican driver’s
license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are
given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required
qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in
determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not
eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to
apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless
currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on
the UAE (see Appendix B); or3
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the
applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans
preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional
preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the
qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Attention: Sofia Dominguez
POINT OF CONTACT
Name: Sofia Dominguez
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: June 7, 2013
The U.S. Mission in Santo Domingo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment
in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also
strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing
diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied
equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such
complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for
prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Por favor, inicie sesión o regístrese para verlo.