- Republica Dominicana
- Publicaciones 2015
- Asistente de visa embajada eeuu vacante temporal
Asistente de visa embajada eeuu vacante temporal
La embajada de Estados Unidos en República Dominicana necesita contratar a una asistente de visa solo por 90 días.
Basic function of position
The incumbent assists the Visa Unit, consisting of more than 30 combined local staff
responsible for processing tens of thousands of Immigrant Visa (IV) and over 100,000
Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Applications annually. On rotational basis, works in IV and NIV Units.
The incumbent screens incoming documentation and information from a variety of sources.
Checks documents submitted by pending IV and NIV applicants and organizes and tracks visa
requests, according to visa laws, regulations, procedures, supervisor directives and other
guidance, so that visa adjudicators can make decisions rapidly, correctly and efficiently and
ensure that the legal requirement of the application have been met. Works in a team to manage
the day-to-day functions within the team’s portfolio and routinely. The incumbent serves as
backup for other NIV/IV personnel.
1. High School diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education are required.
2. Two years’ experience working with general public, answering questions and advising
customers regarding procedures and two years’ experience working in an office of business are
3. English level IV (fluent) (writing/speaking/reading); Spanish level IV (fluent)
(writing/speaking/reading) are required.
4. Deep understanding of Dominican culture and social mores and familiarization with
Dominican identity and civil documents are required.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
6. Ability to understand regulatory documents such as 9 FAM and DHS Laws and regulations
regarding immigration procedures. Able to work under pressure in a fast and informal work
environment within specific time constraints, work cooperatively in a team, have good
communication skills, be detail oriented, be adaptable to changing situations and ability to
patiently deal with discourteous or angry applicants are required.
Tipo de contrato
Temporal (90 Días)
Personas interesadas en aplicar deben leer el siguiente documento y aplicar:
Parte del mensaje está oculto para usuarios no registrados. Por favor inicie sesión o regístrese para poder verlo.