- Republica Dominicana
- Publicaciones 2014
- Embajada britanica requiere Corporate Services Officer
Embajada britanica requiere Corporate Services Officer
British Embassy, Santo Domingo
Do you have management experience, are innovative and a self-starter? Do you thrive on challenge, have the drive and resilience to see a job through, and set and observe high standards of customer service?
If so, we are looking for a Corporate Services Officer (CSO) to join our busy and dynamic Embassy team. The successful candidate will support the Corporate Services Manager ensuring the Corporate Services Team delivers effective management, accounts, finance and human resources services to the whole Embassy.
The British Embassy in Santo Domingo is part of a world-wide network of 231 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Our office in Santo Domingo has 11 members of staff.
The Corporate Services Officer will report directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM).
Main Purpose of Job
To support the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) on the day to day running of the administration of the embassy in Santo Domingo and remotely the embassy in Port au Prince. Under the guidance of the CSM, the CSO will provide a professional service to internal and external stakeholders both locally and in the UK. The successful candidate will work closely with the CSM to ensure efficient administration of the Embassy. This will include monthly accounts, processing payments to suppliers and local staff, acting as the main point of contact between the embassy and the FCO’s GTPC for reconciliation of cash boxes and bank accounts, leading on purchases from local suppliers, supporting the CSM on the implementation of existing corporate policies and best practices on contract negotiation ensuring the mission achieves maximum value for money.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Administration / Accounts:
• Ensure all invoices for AP are electronically forwarded to the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC) within the required time.
• Support the CSM in reviewing payment batches generated by the GTPC.
• Responsible for processing all bank wire payments (national and international) and elaboration of cheques for payment to suppliers.
• Support the CSM in communications with GTPC for reconciliation of all bank transactions.
• Responsible for general filing of account vouchers, paperwork and receipts to ensure a visible audit trail.
• Prepare payroll for locally engaged staff, keep individual records of salaries and calculate overtime for drivers.
• Responsible for uploading social security data onto the Government of D.R. TSS website and processing payments to TSS. Keep updated the individual staff records and files.
• In charge of two cash boxes (DOP and USD): processing payment of cash advances to staff prior to business travels, processing expense reports and reimbursements to staff, processing refills for petty cash box, collecting refunds from staff for private use of official embassy mobile phones. Responsible for ensuring appropriate cash box balances are kept by processing transfer of funds from bank.
• Responsible for ensuring bank account balances are maintained at optimal level. Responsible for preparing the profile for request of funds from the UK, monitor bank balances, return/request funds to/from the UK as necessary. Maintain a good relationship with local banks. Open, close all official bank accounts.
• Assist CSM in preparing budget expense reports.
• Assist CSM in ensuring compliance with correct accounting procedures and that Financial Performance and Compliance Indicators are met.
• Lead on local purchases following office Policy.
• Support the CSM to implement existing corporate policies and best practices on procurement, ensuring the mission achieves maximum value for money.
• Assist the CSM in producing useful management information spreadsheets regarding costs of individual contracts.
• Create, maintain and keep updated a database of different types of contractors, ensuring VFM, negotiating terms of payment, always trying to agree payment with embassy corporate credit cards for all expenses equal to or below the amount predetermined by office policy.
• Manage external contracts with local suppliers and vendors as necessary; under supervision of CSM.
• Fill out supplier set up forms with all data needed to send to the GTPC.
• Process requisitions ensuring mandatory documents are attached. Follow up with the GTPC on PO creation, forwarding POs to suppliers.
• In charge of creating requisitions for UK providers, ensuring proper “receipt” is done in the system once PO is created by the UK and goods and/or services have been provided by supplier, following corporate procurement policy.
Human Resources and other Administration:
• In charge of embassy library and maintaining Learning and Development training bookings.
• Preparation, administration and update of Post Information such as staff telephone lists.
• Assistance in posting ads in local newspapers.
• Responsible for updating and distribution of ‘Embassy Welcome Pack’ to visitors and ‘Induction Pack’ to new staff.
• In charge of “face-to-face” induction for all new staff, explaining the entire handbook, Terms and Conditions of Service, Embassy layout, local labour laws etc. (training will be provided)
• Lead on staff medical scheme administration with local ARS e.g. inclusion & exclusion of staff.
• Liaise with CLO in order to ensure proper ingoing and outgoing relocation for UK based staff and their families.
• Assist in planning and organizing the Queen’s Birthday Party, other large events and team-building away days.
• Assist with processing of diplomatic staff accreditation, arrivals, departures, freight and luggage transfers, customs clearance, etc.
2 cash boxes (USD and DOP). Corporate credit card.
Scope of role
The role is open to anyone with pre-existing work authorization for Dominican Republic.
The role calls for a significant degree of pro-activity. The CSO will be expected to have, and build upon, an extensive network of contacts and to deal directly with contractors.
As part of a busy Corporate Services team a strong customer focus is essential. The successful candidate must have the ability to operate under own initiative, be a quick learner with a keen eye for detail. The ability to multi-task and achieve tight deadlines is a must. Resilience, with the ability to remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
• Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
• Personal drive to and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player;
• Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, with very good attention to detail;
• Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines;
• Ability to travel occasionally within the region or internationally as needed;
• Willingness to work additional hours as necessary.
• A college/university level degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent experience is preferred;
• A minimum of 6 years of administrative experience;
• Background in business administration, accounts, procurement, preferred;
• Fluent in English and Spanish, orally and in writing, required;
• Strong IT skills using Microsoft Office and Windows; experience with Oracle systems and databases preferred.
Additional relevant information:
• Appointment to this role will only be confirmed upon successful completion of a Corporate Services Officer Course or equivalent. This may include training in London or in the region.
• The period of probation for this role is three months, though the British Embassy reserves the right to extend this in order to fairly assess performance.
• Orientation, hand over and coaching will be arranged for the successful applicant.
• The salary range for this position starts at RD$70,000 per month depending on experience & qualifications (with a 13th salary in December).
• A comprehensive medical plan is offered.
• Conditioned working hours are 39 per week. Flexible working will be considered. Office hours are:
Monday to Thursday - 8am to 4:30pm
Friday - 8am to 1pm
• Annual leave entitlement is 14 days rising to up to 20 days, depending on length of service. The British Embassy also observes an additional 14 local and UK public holidays.
How to apply?
1. If you fulfil the requirements and relevant criteria for this position, please send in English a completed Application Form, your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you think you would be an excellent candidate for this job, to the following email address:
Contenido oculto para usuarios invitados. Por favor, inicie su sesión para poder verlo.